Hey Guys,
This is a good site and please try and keep the English version up to date because trying to find Red Star info in English is hard.Just one question,how come sometimes you use the Cyrilic alphabet and other times you use the English one.I have some Red Star games on video and i noticed that the team news comes up in Cyrilic but the names on the shirts are in English and all other words on show in the stadiums are in the English alphabet.
Cheers
Confused Ed
uck em all !

Hey Ed.

We have purchased a deutsch version. Our moderator on this forum (UltrasLondon) will write all reports and sport news. Also he will translate my cyrilic reports onto english.

Ehh second answer:

Our first and main language is serbian cyrilic. Yes, we have shirts with names written in latin. Latin pussies  :D

Advertisement are in latyn, too.

But, We are Serbs, not Croat scum. This site (delije caffe) is most popular site written in cyrilic  in all over the world & serbia.

Don't be confused. We are an unique.

Hey Kizalion,
That interesting if a little time consuming,so at school you more or less have to learn three written languages,Cyrilic,latin alphabet and plain English ?And you must have to learn all the different variations and meanings of these different words in all three languages.So let me ask you about one word in particular-
In English Belgrade is spelt BELGRADE but in Serb it is spelt BEOGRAD.How is it spelt in Cyrilic and what is the correct pronunciation exactly ?
Cheers
Ed
uck em all !

Beograd means White City (not the one in West London) Beo=white, grad=city. And correct pronunciation is: B e (as in 'Elvis' :)) o (short as in 'cock') g (as in 'game') r (as Scotsh 'r' hard, the sound of the tractor engine :)) a (as 'u' in 'cunt') d.

Cyrilic alphabet is serbian alphabet, however we can read and write in Latin without any problems. In former Yugoslavia one of the three official languages was Serbo-croat (other two were Macedonian and Slovene), therefore we used both alphabets.
Street names in Belgrade are in cyrilic, as well as official government buildings and so on, however names of companies, bars, cafes, etc. could be in latin, thus you have a mixture of the two.

Hey,
Thanks for the explanation.Although it must be tricky to move in and out of languages like that although i see that your command of Anglo-Saxon swear words is pretty good.Are you a Serb Exile or something and do you follow a English team as well as Red Star ?
Cheers
Ed
uck em all !

Hey Ed welcome to delije-caffe. As you can see we have some good English  speakers  here  :D

I know you from delije.net, remember we were discussing the situation with your club Leeds and what happend to Service Crew. Hope to see you here more often.
umnjaju neki da bodrimo pogresan tim, i mrze nas zato sto uvek smo s'njim!!!

Hi Lovacnajelene(great name),
Yeah i remember your posts.What did you think of that magazine article i sent in for you guys to look at(Four Four Two).I have also recently read a book called Euro-trashed which is a run-down of all the various Ultra groups throughout Europe which is pretty interesting.There is a big chapter on Serbia and Red Star in particular which is quite interesting.The author namechecks someone called Nikola for the Delije info.I realise that Nikola is probably a common name in Serbia but was it one of you guys ?
Cheers
Ed
uck em all !

Hey ed.

Nikola is not only a common name it's best serbian name! :D  :D

Great game against Arsenal! ;pljuga

Cheers

Hi Ed, nice to see your here.

Please, learn your favourite language-German- :D  and then you will the newest pieces of information about Red Star.

Denis.

...you will find of course.

Hey, my Englisch is perfect. It is unbelievable.

Nice to see your here... you will find bla-bla-. Thats's great.

Well, German is really better... :)

English and not Englisch-wow, ok it is enough!!!

Try to contact Ultras London. I think that he will be able to help you.

What about Leeds United? Is it true that your club will be sold out at the end of this season because of financial difficulties?

Bye!!!

Hey DelijaHH,
They wanted us to learn German in 1939 but we kinda said no thanks in the best possible way,so i think i will stick to English,and maybe learn the odd word or two in Serb from these forums,Leeds are now safe for next season and we have a new manager and chairman,so things are looking a bit better.Who knows what will happen next,you never can tell with Leeds,we are.......just one of those clubs i guess.Tell meabout the cup final and the team that Red Star are playing.
Cheers
Ed
uck em all !

E sta smo docekali, da se Svaba i Englez svadjaju na Srbskom forumu .  :)

I said it's cool to see a German and a Brit argue on a Serbian forum.  :)

Did Eric Cantona say that ?
uck em all !

Hi Ed,

it is very nice to see that you can understand my "broken" English. :)   Well, I'm a German :lol:, so you have to respect our difficulties with your language... This is a joke, of course, I'm a Serb, but I'm living in Hamburg. I speak German, so I can keep german-speaking people up to date on this website. Therefore I said that you should learn the "favourite"  language of all English people.   namigivanje

Well, you want to know more about Red Star. Hmmh, there is not so much to say. At the moment, we are not espacially good. Our enemies (Partizan Belgrade) are leading the league by 16 points, so we have to wait and see what will happen next season. We've got many talented players, but obviously, ther are not good enough to play a season on a very high level. Sometimes they lose games-especially against the so called "weak teams" and you ask yourself how this shit could happen. On the other hand, they showed in the past that they are not bad at all. Look at the games in the Uefa Cup against Chievo Verona and Lazio. The guys played very well. Also against Partizan Belgrade a few weeks ago, we could beat them 2-0, although they are the new champions. But it is simply not enough to play a few games on a high level and then to lose against no-name-clubs.

Concerning our cup final, it will take place on Thursday, May 29th at 17.30 CET-in Belgrade at the Partizan-Stadium.We will play against Sartid Smederevo (www.sartid.cjb.net). At the moment they try to avoid the relegation-this is a big negative surprise in Serbia, because last year they played in the Uefa Cup after losing the Cup final against us (1-0). They will try to take "revenge", but I think that we've got the better team, so that we should win the Cup final again, although you never know...

On the German videotext (dsf-text) I have read that your club will be forced to sell the Australians Kewell and Viduka. This is what I meant by "selling out". But I have also read that your current manager will stay for another year...

Greetings from Hamburg.

My my DelijaHH,
Thanks for the info.I thought that Red Star were superb in the away game against Chievo and the home game against Lazio,so they clearly can play at a higher level than the Serb domestic league.They need to qualify for the Champions League to push them up to the next step i think.I hope they get a English side in the Uefa cup so i can go and watch them.How is Hamburg,i have a friend who is a Man city fan and he went to Hamburg at the start of the season for the friendly against Hamburg,did you go ?(there seems to be Serbs all over the place.A consequence of the war i guess but thats another story).
Leeds are selling everyone.We have not got a pot to piss in.
Cheers
Ed
uck em all !

Hi Ed,

Hamburg has got 2 "big" clubs: Hamburger SV (HSV) and St.Pauli. At the moment, HSV is playing very well (4th position in the Bundesliga). If they win the next game, then they will qualify for the Uefa Cup next season. This would be nice, because they haven't played in Europe for 3 years.

St. Pauli is a big disappointment. Currently, they are on the 16th position (of 18 clubs) in the second Bundesliga (they played in the first Bundesliga last year!!!) and they will be forced to play their next season in the 3. German League.Furthermore, they have a lot of financial problems.

A small hint: the English version of this website is also up to date, now.

Greetings from HH.

Hmmm,St Pauli,arent they that mad team that has a crazy hippy for a owner,and all the fans are mad drunken anarchists ?
Cheers
Ed
p.s
Hey Fellas,whats this thing with Basketball ? We just dont get it.
uck em all !

Hi Ed,

concerning St. Pauli, you are absolutely right! They are crazy, they stand for anarchy and other left-orientated things.

The fans of HSV belong more to the "right" block. But I do not think they are fascists or something like that. But it is "normal" that there is the one or another exception.

The thing with basketball: Hey Fellas,whats this thing with Basketball ? We just dont get it.
What  does that mean? You do not understand what is happening with BC Red Star at the moment or what?  Well, we are in the semis and have lost the first of possible five games to FMP Zeleznik, a very goog serbian team. Unfortunately, they could beat us 4 times this season-including the semis of the Serbian Cup.

But, tonight we have the chance to equalize....